2019 Jamestown 4-H Educational Center Summer Staff Positions
Working at camp is probably one of the most demanding jobs you will ever have... It can be, however, one of the most rewarding experiences too! Our camp staff is the heart of our program and we carefully choose, select and train only the best candidates to spend the summer with us. As a seasonal staff member at the Jamestown 4-H Educational Center your primary responsibilities will include:
Program Instruction for children ages 9-13 in the following program areas:
- Aquatics: Swimming and Boating (sailing, canoeing, kayaking, and stand up paddleboarding)
- Outdoor/Environmental Education: Wildlife, Forest and Marine Ecology, Outdoor Living Skills
- Teambuilding: Group Games/Initiatives and low ropes Challenge Course
- Target Sports: Archery, Air Rifles
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics): Multimedia, Maker Program
- Creative Arts: Arts and Crafts, Music, Performing Arts, Woodworking
- Athletics: Court and Field Sports
If you are interested, please download the application below, fill it out and send it back to us! We only want the BEST for our children at Jamestown 4-H Educational Center. If you think that you are one of those caring, enthusiastic, great positive role models, please apply!
Jamestown 4-H Educational Center programs and employment are open to all regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, national origin, disability or political affiliation. An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We have many ways for you to get involved at Jamestown! During the summer months, adult volunteers and leaders work directly with the 4-H Cooperative Extension Agents throughout Southeastern Virginia to assist in the 4-H Junior Camp Program. Please contact your local 4-H office for additional information.
We also have volunteer opportunities throughout the year and welcome your assistance. We seek volunteers to assist with our FREE community days and family events, maintenance projects around the property, beach clean-up along our shoreline plus many others. Please contact us directly to get involved!
Stay in touch! To be added to our alumni data base and for updated information about what is new at the center, please provide your information below or call us directly! Please contact us directly to get involved.