COVID-19 UPDATE- Preparations are under way for the Jimmy James Adventure Day Camp 2021. We will continually monitor the situation and will follow guidance from our local Health Department and the CDC.
Adventure Day Camp at the Jamestown 4-H Educational Center is a perfect place for your child’s summer. Our professional staff provide a safe, fun environment where children can learn and grow. Boys and Girls ages 6-12 participate in age-appropriate activities that encourage leadership, independence and friendship. The Jamestown 4-H Educational Center provides the perfect location for children to make new discoveries and learn new skills. Campers participate in one hour of swimming daily along with three other activities. Each week has a theme! Day Camp begins at 8:30 AM each morning and ends at 4:30 PM every afternoon. We also provide early AM programs and PM programs for working moms and dads! This special time of the camp day allows campers to try new activities that spark their interest and ignite their imagination!
Day Camp Schedule
7:30-8:30 AM Program
8:30 Arrival and Welcome
8:45 Flag Raising/Opening Ceremony
9:00 Activity One
10:00 Activity Two
2:00 Activity Three
2:30 Activity Four
3:30 Snack/Flag Lowering/Awards
5:30 PM Program
2021 4-H Junior Camp Schedule
2021 Summer Calendar (subject to change)
6/21-6/25 Gloucester Krista Gustafson, [email protected], (804) 693-2602
6/28-7/2 King William/King Queen/New Kent/Charles City/Essex
Charles City: (804) 652-4743
New Kent: (804) 966-9645
King and Queen: Christina Ruszczyk-Murray (804) 785-5979
King William: Christina Ruszczyk-Murray (804) 769-4955
7/5-7/9 Newport News/Hampton/Middlesex/Mathews
Hampton: Karen Baker, [email protected], (757) 727-1401
Mathews County: Rachael Morris, [email protected] (804) 725-7196
Middlesex: Mary Rachael Miller, [email protected]
7/12-7/16 Lancaster/Northumberland/Richmond County/Richmond City/Westmoreland
Richmond City-Brittany A. Council-Morton [email protected]
Bethany Eigel [email protected]
7/21-7/24 James City County
Goochland County:(804) 556-5841
Hanover County: (804) 752-4310
Powhatan County: Cathy Howland, [email protected] (804) 598-5640
8/2-8/6 York, Poquoson
Rachel Everheart [email protected]
Kendra Young, [email protected]
Carter Humphries, [email protected]
Signing up for Summer Camp
Please note that each county or city is in charge of planning for and processing registration for their week of Junior 4-H camp. Jamestown 4-H Center is just the facility is used during the week for camp programming. Registration and/or questions regarding any county or city’s Junior 4-H camp should be directed to the appropriate Extension office below, not the Jamestown 4-H Educational Center.
Jamestown 4-H Activities
Jump In (Swimming): All Day Campers have one hour each day in our Olympic Size Swimming Pool. Please pack sunscreen and a towel!
Creative Arts: Arts and Crafts (based on Theme of the week), Music
Athletics: Cooperative Games, Rotating Sports (age appropriate)
Nature Programs: Wetland Walkway, Salamander Hunts, Marine Ecology, Wildlife Ecology
Big Days and Carnivals: Based on each Week’s Theme– Special Guests and Surprises
Friday Family Nights: Enjoy Camp as a Family!
- Teen Leaders, Adult Volunteers and 4-H Center Camp Staff all work together to supervise campers.
- Teen and adult volunteers are recruited, screened, and trained in their home counties with training support provided by the 4-H Center.
- Caring, trained 4-H Summer Staff help campers develop a sense of acceptance, self-worth, and security through group living and activities.
- All 4-H Center Camp Staff participate in more than two (2) weeks of mandatory, intensive staff training prior to the start of camp to ensure your child is offered the safest & enjoyable time.
- The 4-H Center’s supervision policy includes a minimum of a 1:8 staff to camper supervision ratio.
- Each week of 4-H Camp features two (2) highly trained, experienced, and professional Camp Directors including your local 4-H Extension Agent (or trained designee) as well as the 4-H Center Program Director.
Contact us if you are interested in becoming a Teen Leader (14- 18 years of age) or an Adult Volunteer.